SEO Writing tools for Your Ecommerce Business
SEO writing is a fairly complex industry with many ins and out, which infers that professionals in this field need to make use of a broad spectrum of tools. While writing well remains an essential component of the game, there is a wide array of technicalities that go into efficient SEO optimization of the texts we publish.
In this article, we’ll take a look at some essential tools for SEO writing that are designed to make your life easier and help your site rank higher in search results, a critical factor especially for eCommerce businesses that depend on high user traffic. Let’s dive right in, shall we?
- Tools for keyword research
Luckily there are many great tools that will allow you to sketch out what your target primary and secondary keywords should be. When it comes to establishing your keywords, you need to find somewhat of an empty slot, a niche that is in high demand but, at the same time, has little competition.
The tools you can use for keyword research vary in complexity, and it’s critical to become accustomed to the terminology before you get into it. Here are a few popular tools for keyword research that will help you identify the most suitable keywords:
- Kparser — this is a reliable keyword suggestion Tool that has a wide array of applications in both SEO and PPC. You can optimize your eBay and Amazon campaigns, as well as your YouTube presence. The cheapest monthly option clocks in at $4.99.
- Keyword Revealer — a great data-oriented tool that will allow you to gather all the necessary information for a successful search marketing campaign. They have pretty affordable monthly options. The cheapest one is totally free. However, it does have functional limitations. The next in line is a $9.96 “basic” option.
- Google Keyword Planner — as the name suggests, this is a Google product, created for both people with or without extensive experience in SEO and PPC. Besides researching keywords, you can get historical data on traffic forecasts, that can be used to further calibrate and predict how certain keywords will perform. This is a free tool, and it is excellent to start off with.
- Intelligent content ideation
While keyword research tools may tell you a lot about the volume of traffic specific keywords and key-phrases are getting on various search engines, they can’t tell you how much people engage with certain types of content.
“Content ideation could also be a central component to your sales strategy in both long and short-term. You could make changes to your inventory and add new products to your eCommerce, based on the latest trends in various niches.” — Mark Zipf, Marketing Specialist at WoWGrade.
So how does one find topics that work well on social media? There are a few great tools that can help you out with that, along with a few tips and tricks. Here are a few of them:
- BuzzSumo — this is most probably the most popular and straightforward tool for content ideation that will allow you to search for content published on the web, based on specific keywords. More importantly, you’ll get a very in-depth understanding of how well they performed in terms of likes, shares, and other central metrics. A truly indispensable tool.
- Ahrefs content explorer — this tool will allow you to locate the most relevant and well-performing content in various fields and niches in records to referring domains and social shares. This content explorer also allows you to access advanced operators, which will provide you with a more granular approach.
- Quora and Reddit — both of these platforms revolve around user-contributed content, which infers that it is also curated by the people that follow particular niches and fields of interest. This self-regulatory aspect provides content marketers and SEO specialists with an in-depth understanding of the latest trends even in the smallest communities. Simply search for a keyword on Quora, and you’ll get the most answered questions, which shed light on the most relevant topics you should cover.
- Syntax and readability
ECommerce businesses benefit significantly from creating content. Besides the obvious boost in discoverability and ranking higher in search results, your customers will appreciate some valuable articles and reviews on the products you’re selling. One of the essential criteria for an excellent article is its legibility.
There is a wide variety of tools that can assist you with making your text less impenetrable and easier to read, but first, we need to take a peek at the principles that govern this so-called “readability.” Generally speaking, readability is also referred to as “reading ease score,” and it tries to quantify how easily certain people will find your text. Here are the most common frameworks professionals use to establish readability:
- Gunning Fog
- Coleman Liau Index
- Automated Readability Index (ARI)
- SMOG Index
The most common scale used to measure reading ease is the Flesch-Kincaid score. However, many tools will provide you with the scores on a few scales at the same time. Here are a few popular tools to improve your SEO writing readability:
- Hemingway Editor — Hemingway himself was known for having a reductive approach to writing, and he always avoided wordiness. This editor lets you do the same — keep your texts brief and punchy. Hemingway (the tool) shows you the sentences that need to revised, due to being too complex, long, or unnecessarily convoluted.
- The Writer — a popular readability checker that uses the Gunning Fog score and the SMOG index to establish how easy to read your texts are.
- Grammarly — you’ve probably heard of this tool before. It has a very well-executed, easy-to-understand interface. Grammarly is first and foremost a grammar checker, but it does provide its users with a wide array of readability features that aim to eliminate excessive adverbs, passive voice, and other issues that may have an adverse effect on the reading ease.
- Readable.io — a high-end readability tool that provides you with very detailed keyword density reports analysis along with other statistics essential for SEO optimization and text optimization. All geared towards helping your writing become clearer and simpler to understand.
- Yoast’s content analysis tool — this is another indispensable tool in an SEO writer’s arsenal. This tool allows you to calibrate your writing in accordance with very high technical standards that test for transition word density, passive voice density, adverb density, along with readability scores.
ECommerce businesses need to invest a considerable amount of time and effort into their content. However, just writing good content isn’t enough anymore. Your articles and blogs need to be well-optimized for the current SEO standards.
By using the tools we’ve listed above, you’ll be able to partly automate the most technical aspects of your writing — incorporate the right keywords, check for readability, eliminate redundancy, and spell-check.
We hope you found these recommendations useful. Thank you for reading.