It’s no secret that content campaigns are dominating the marketing world, but the whole concept is getting increasingly important with all the coronavirus mess we’re witnessing these days. Many people are stuck in their homes spending an increased amount of time browsing the Internet and searching for high-quality posts.
Needless to say, this is your chance to take the extra step and impress the target audience with amazing content. It’s not a simple feat, but you can create a buzz if you follow the latest industry trends. In this post, we will show you four content marketing trends to help you through the coronavirus chaos. Let’s take a look!
1. Video Production
Video content is already a powerful marketing mechanism, but it’s getting increasingly important because people are predominantly visual beings. Here’s what statistical reports say:
- The average user spends nearly 90% more time on a website with video content
- One-third of online activity is spent watching a video
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video, compared to 10% when reading it in text
These and many other stats prove that video production is the way to go in 2020 and beyond if you want to raise awareness and drive user engagement. The best thing about it is that video content comes in a wide range of formats.
Jake Gardner, a digital marketer at the best essay writing service, claims you should not solely stick to product videos. “On the contrary, try to exploit all the other formats such as video blogs, customer testimonials, tutorials, live streaming, webinars, ads, animations, GIFs, and all the other types of video content.”
2. Create Interactive Content
The Internet is widely accepted as a communication channel that enables two-way interactions. This is exactly why you should try to create lots of interactive content and keep the audience engaged in the long run.
What does it mean? To put it simply, it means crafting content that allows users to take action. If you don’t know how to do it, here are a few practical suggestions:
- Augmented and Virtual Reality: AR and VR are the easiest way to promote engagement and impress the audience. It’s a relatively new technology, but it’s already accessible enough for almost anyone to use it in order to design a mobile app or any other kind of interactive content.
- Shoppable social posts: This is a perfect solution for product-oriented businesses as they can now publish shoppable posts to drive engagement and boost revenue.
- Online surveys and quizzes: There’s a whole bunch of digital tools that make it easy to create online opinion polls and surveys. Users love this feature because it gives them the chance to express their opinions and are often incentivized with prizes.
3. Optimize Content for Voice Searches
Google recently reported that over 20% of all searches are now voice-driven. Thanks to personal assistants such as Cortana or Siri, users can now use voice commands to browse the web and look for interesting content.
How can you use this fact?
The answer is simple – take advantage of the main voice optimization principles. Unlike textual searches, voice inquiries are usually longer and more natural language-wise. Users will often ask straightforward questions, so it’s up to you to answer the basic 5W+H questions:
- Who does what, where, when, why, and how?
If you do it properly in each one of your posts, rest assured the content is going to rank highly in engine searches. Use a language that is clear, concise, and direct because it will be easier for engine crawlers to recognize and index your pages.
4. Optimize Content for Engine Searches
You can see that optimization has come a long way since the earliest search engine algorithms, which is why it’s important to keep up with the latest SEO trends. After all, keep in mind that as much as 93% of all traffic comes from a search engine. A well-planned SEO strategy follows a few basic rules in 2020:
- Content quality is fundamental because Google and other engines pay attention to the issue of user experience. There’s no room for clickbait content anymore, so you better make sure to publish top-level content and keep it up to date.
- Keyword stuffing will be penalized. Choose your keywords carefully and don’t forget to add longtail search terms and phrases to your posts.
- Use every keyword research tactic there is. Start with brainstorming and finish with keyword planning tools as it will help you to find the most relevant solutions and create engine-friendly posts.
Up to You!
Creating a standout content strategy is always a good idea, but it becomes even more important in a world terrorized by the latest coronavirus threat. The bright side is that you can use the situation to publish tons of high-quality content and promote your business properly. Those who adapt will rise to the top.
We showed you the list of four content marketing trends that could help you through the coronavirus chaos. Do your best to remember and use our tips quickly – it will turn you into a genuine content fortress very soon!
About the Author:
Justin is a marketing specialist and blogger from Leicester, UK. When not working and rooting for Leicester FC, he likes to discuss new trends in digital marketing and share his own ideas with readers on different blogs and forums. Currently, he is working as a content marketer at bestessays.com.